Re: arsclist ADAT recovery

Joav,

If it's any help...

I understand earlier U-Matic (3/4-inch) video tapes suffer from this and other loss-of-oxide decay scenarios.

I've also seen messages from Jim Lindner that say that the dimensional shifts introduced by baking may (will?) cause unrecoverable tracking errors in the higher density video (and presumably) ADAT tapes.

I haven't run across anything more than this. Hopefully Jim and others will respond.

Cheers,

Richard