Re: arsclist RE: 78 Rpm Record Spindle Holes

Hi,

Is it possible that the unit used had the heads mis-aligned on it? Might be
worth sending the tape to Alesis to take a look at it, if they would, to see
if that was the case. Sometimes when there are alot of errors / difficulty
playing back DATs, this has indeed been the case, and since the original
machine has been around when this has happened (more than once, on different
machines, in different cities, with different people) it's been easy to
check out. Perhaps this could be the case with ADATs? Might be worth
exploring. Maybe someone on the group knows about whether this could have
been possible.

Not that I am suggesting I haven't encountered my share of DATs with drop
outs, once they have sat a while. And sheer hell with a new HHB DA-88 tape.
Did I mention I'm not a fan of digital tape?

I'm assuming you can't get to the original / the original was destroyed or
the like, because the ADAT converters were no hell regardless...

Best,

Alyssa.