Re: arsclist RE: 78 Rpm Record Spindle Holes

I am sure many of you have encountered problems with ADAT tapes over the
years just like we have. Recently I was sent a master recording of a French
artist of the early '70 which was transferred to ADAT some 12 years ago (the
early blackface recorders). The tape now presents plenty dropouts and errors
and was sent to us because the record label gave up on it. They are now
looking for some Voodoo miracle to save their case.
It occurred tome that ADAT, Super VHS, tapes were made from material that
may have been another victim to the sticky shed problem. This Ampex S VHS
sure looks suspicious.
I was wondering if anybody on the list had similar experience and what was
the remedy?

Best,

Joav Shdema
Producer / Engineer