arsclist 20 year run of Hillandale News being sold for estate

Hi All:

The ARSClist is not a place for selling things  but I hope this one is okay .
Because there are so many archives on the list, and because, I have been
asked in the past to help find periodicals for them, I wanted to reach the
best audience. As many of you know I have been selling items from the Estate
of my best frend Dave Goldenberg.

Well today I put on Dave's run of 86 issues of Hillandale News which is
published by the City of London Phonograph and Gramophone Society. I was
going to offer off Ebay but I felt it was fairer to the estate to let
everyone have a chance.

If you are familiar with Hillandale News, you know what a treasure trove of
info these have. If not, let me mention a few names. George Frow, the
renowned expecrt on Edison Phonographs was President for many years.
Christopher Proudfoot, another authority, and Phonograph person at Christies
Auction House. Frank Andrews, winner of the ARSC LIfetime Achievement Award.
They all write for the magaize which is printed on heavy glossy paper. This
seat is heavy!

The run that DAvid had goes from 1983 to 2001 and there are, as I say 86
issues. Some of these you can get direct from CLPGS - most are out of print -
but they cost at least $3.00 per issue or more because of weight. The minimum
bid comes to $1.15 per issue. And there is no reserve.

There is an amazing amount of historical info in these magazines. I,
personally, have a full run from #1 which I bought back in the 1970s and I
have continued my membership. When purchased, these issues cost approx. $4.00
each.

As I said, they are on Ebay and will close in 10 days. You can see them at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1442&item=740222024&rd=
1

Thanks for your understanding of this posting.

Steve Ramm

-
http://www.arsc-audio.org/arsclist.html
from the author of the post.