RE: arsclist slaying the Dragon/A to D Transfer

Cameron,

There is a wonderful page at http://www.pcavtech.com . Arnie Kruger (sp?) did a whole bunch of tests.

There are about a half dozen cards he rated excellent.

Three of the ones that are attractive to me are the ones by
  Lynx--I've asked Santa for a Lynx II with Lightpipe interface
  Digital Audio Labs ($399 special the last time I looked
  Midiman

The DAL is stereo, the others are available in 4-channel.

I have a Zefiro Acoustics ZA2 which is a wonderful card but is getting long in the tooth. It is an ISA card and is digital only. At that point, we were concerned about audio quality in the noisy PC environment. Things are now so fast in the PC that the noise is SO FAR out of band...

I use either my Panasonic SV-3800 DAT or Sony CDR-W33 CD-R recorders as the A-to-D converter ahead of the ZA2. (both machines "blessed" by very "Golden-eared" friends.)

Cheers,

Richard