CD-R Audio disc longevity

I've been reading this list with interest regarding the permanence of CD-Rs.
Is there any information about which brands of blank CD-R Audio discs are
the most durable and least likely to degrade over time? My presumption is
that they are made of the same materials as the plain, blank CD-Rs.

Jerry McBride, Music Librarian       Music Library, Center for the Arts
Jerry.McBride@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx    Middlebury College
(802) 443-5217                             72 Porter Field Road
Fax: (802) 443-2057                     Middlebury, VT 05753-6177
http://www.middlebury.edu/~lib/musiclib/musiclib.html