Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

closed joint

That type of JOINT (1) which is formed when the covering boards are laced on, i.e., where the boards are right up to the backing shoulders. Also called 'tight joint." See also: FRENCH JOINT ;LACING-IN ;SUPPORTED FRENCH JOINT .

(12 )

[Search all CoOL documents]