From: Textile Conservators [mailto:TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karin Von Lerber, Prevart GmbH
Sent: 23 October 2008 07:08
To: TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Stabiltex

Teresa Knutson wrote:
Has anyone else tried to order 4/3 Khaki Stabiltex from TALAS recently?  I just got off the phone with them, and it has been unavailable for awhile.  TALAS also said the company may have stopped making it.  I really need a yard for a treatment, so has anyone found another source for either Stabiltex, or another similar sheer fabric, which could be used for encapsulating a textile?

I have just consulted the producer's homepage www.sefar.com. Tetex TR (that was the replacement for stabiltex quite a while ago) does not render any surch result on their webpage. You might inquire directly with their US distributors listed under http://www.sefar.com/cms/en.nsf/countryContact/usa

You might want to keep us posted about your findings?

Sincerely,
Karin.

--

16 Jahre Atelier für Textilkonservierung 10 Jahre Ideen für Museen

Prev art GmbH - Atelier für Textilkonservierung

CH - 8405 Winterthur // Oberseenerstrasse 93 // Tel. + 41 (0)52 233 12 54 // Fax + 41 (0)52 233 12 57
e-mail karin.vonlerber@xxxxxxxxxx // www.prevart.ch //
www.museumspraxis.org

Vivien Chapman
Head of Objects Conservation
National Museums Liverpool
Tel: 0151 478 4841
Fax: 0151 478 4990

National Museums Liverpool Legal Disclaimer:
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error please take no action based upon any information contained within it and delete it immediately without retaining a copy.

WARNING: This email has been checked by National Museums Liverpool for the presence of computer viruses.
However, National Museums Liverpool will not accept any liability and all recipients are advised to carry out their own virus checks upon receipt.

National Museums Liverpool,  Textiles & Organics,  National Conservation Centre
Whitechapel,  Liverpool,  L1 6HZ  United Kingdom