Re: Stabiltex

Teresa Knutson wrote:
Has anyone else tried to order 4/3 Khaki Stabiltex from TALAS recently?  I just got off the phone with them, and it has been unavailable for awhile.  TALAS also said the company may have stopped making it.  I really need a yard for a treatment, so has anyone found another source for either Stabiltex, or another similar sheer fabric, which could be used for encapsulating a textile?

I have just consulted the producer's homepage www.sefar.com. Tetex TR (that was the replacement for stabiltex quite a while ago) does not render any surch result on their webpage. You might inquire directly with their US distributors listed under http://www.sefar.com/cms/en.nsf/countryContact/usa

You might want to keep us posted about your findings?

Sincerely,
Karin.

--

16 Jahre Atelier für Textilkonservierung 10 Jahre Ideen für Museen

Prev art GmbH - Atelier für Textilkonservierung

CH - 8405 Winterthur // Oberseenerstrasse 93 // Tel. + 41 (0)52 233 12 54 // Fax + 41 (0)52 233 12 57
e-mail karin.vonlerber@xxxxxxxxxx // www.prevart.ch //
www.museumspraxis.org