Réf : new textile for historic aeroplane

- Avis: Ce message est confidentiel et ne s'adresse qu'aux destinataires. Si vous le recevez par erreur, veuillez le supprimer et nous en aviser.
-

Hello Julia,

We have purchased fabircs, tapes and threads from Leavens Aviation Inc. (Canada)     www.leavensaviation.com     info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
They now sell ceconite a polyester fabric and not the cottons etc. Apparently much of the aviation industry has moved away from the cottons etc. as the ceconite affords less stretch etc.

Leavens referred me to the Canada Aviation Museum, which has a Conservation Department www.aviation.technomuses.ca Cory Stephen (613) 991-6268
When cotton fabrics etc. are needed, they purchase these from Vintage Fabrics Ltd. www.vintagefabrics.co.uk

Leavens also mentionned a Mr. Watt Martin, 84 years old, who has restored many airplanes and still has some fabirc and tapes etc. He does not have an e-mail but you can contact him at: 192391 13th Line, RR #4, Grand Valley, Ontario, Canada, L0N 1G0

Thanks for inquiry, it has put me back in touch with Leavens - since our last order, of many years, they have moved and our supplies are running low.

Hope you find this information useful,

Sincerely,

Sharon

Sharon Little
Restauratrice
Responsable - Atelier des textiles

Ministère de la Culture, des Communications et de la Condition féminine
Centre de conservation du Québec
1825, rue Semple
Québec (Québec) G1N 4B7

Téléphone: (418) 643-7001 poste 230
Télécopieur: (418) 646-5419
sharon.little@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.mcccf.gouv.qc.ca
Masquage de détails inactifJulia Dummer <JuliaDummer@xxxxxx>Julia Dummer <JuliaDummer@xxxxxx>

                  Julia Dummer <JuliaDummer@xxxxxx>
                  Envoyé par : Textile Conservators <TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                  2008-09-09 06:30

                  Veuillez répondre à
                  Textile Conservators <TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

TEXCONS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Objet

new textile for historic aeroplane

Dear all,
we are in the process of conservation a historic aeroplane and would like to cover it with a new textile. The aim is to let the aeroplane fly again. The new covering is to match the old one. Therefore, we are looking for a textile which is specifically made for this purpose. It has to fulfil the following demands (German Standarts DK 677.064:629.73 of 1968):
- cotton yarn 100 dtex x2
- plain weave, wrap desity 33 +/- 2 threads per cm; weft-density 33 +/- 2 threads per cm
- finishing: mercerisised, mould-inhabitant
- width: minimum 130 cm
- weight: 135 g/m2 +/- 5%
- maximum elongation per warp an weft 13% (at 850 kg)
- tensile strength per wrap and weft: 1300 kg/m
thanks very much for your information to find such a fabric! Julia

Dipl. - Rest. Julia Dummer
Museumslandschaft Hessen Kassel
Textil- und Lederrestaurierung
Postfach 410 420