Maternity cover - National Museum Wales

Amgueddfa Cymru ? National Museum Wales (UK)

Textile Conservator

St. Fagans: National History Museum

Contract up to 12 months

(Maternity Cover)

£22,446.62 - £27,056 per annum

The Conservation Department at St. Fagans: National History Museum is seeking to appoint a qualified Textile Conservator to cover maternity leave until the end of August 2009.

The successful applicant would be based at the 100 acre open air museum caring for the costume and textile collections of Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales and have responsibility for the conservation of textiles on display at other national museum sites across Wales.

We are looking for someone to join our team, currently working on a major re-storage project and to participate in the re-display of two re-erected buildings on site, in addition to preparing objects related to the on-going loan programme.

To apply, you should hold a recognised textile conservation qualification and have post qualification experience working in a related area.  We are looking for someone with a high level of motivation who enjoys a challenge.

The ability to speak Welsh would be an advantage.

For further details (full job description) and an application form, please visit our website at www.museumwales.ac.uk

Closing date:             29 August 2008

Interview date:           12 September 2008

Amgueddfa Cymru ? National Museum Wales is an equal opportunities employer.  Applications are welcome from all sections of the community.