Questionnaire for Textile conservators

Hello,

We are two Master students studying for Textile Conservation at the University of Amsterdam.

As one of our first years projects, we are doing a study about the use of colouring media for the colouration of support fabrics in textile conservation. Besides the information we get from our literature study, we are also interested in the experiences of conservators which have used colourants more often. By using the Conservation Dist. List, we hope to be able to reach a great number of conservators from different national and international backgrounds who might have different experiences and views on this topic.

We have devised a list of questions which will be enclosed with this message. We would be very grateful for any views you would be prepared to share.

If you have any questions or suggestions, we gladly refer you to my email adres: guinnvere@xxxxxxxxx
This emailadress should also be used to send in the completed questionnaire.

Questionnaire

Name Textile conservator:
Institution:
Education:

1.       Which colouring media have you used for the localized colouration of support fabrics?

2.       Which colouring media have you used for colouration of the entire fabric?

3.       Why did you choose this particular colouring medium?

4.       Which application methods did u use?

5.       Can you use the same colouring media for different types of fabric  such as linen, silk or silk crepeline?

6.       What are your experiences with the colouring media called Lanaset (Ciba-Geige)?

7.       Have you ever used Irgalans as a colouring media?

8.       What acids do you use (if necessary) to assist dying?

9.       What is there to say about the light fastness of colouring media such as lanaset or Irgalan?

10.    What can be told about the washfastness of the colouring media’s such as Lanaset or Irgalan?

11.     Do you have any suggestions or remarks which may be of importance to this subject?

Please keep a record of my email address:
guinnvere@xxxxxxxxx  in case you have any future additions .

Thank you very much for your effort,

Tamara Venema & Daphne Reijs

Lees jij al je Hotmail op je mobiel? Probeer het nu!