interesting textile

Dear colleagues,
I am working on an estimate for a rather strange textile that had a water damage (leak in roof, stains from reddish tiles...). It is tapestry woven and measures 130 x 108 cm.
The owner said, these textiles had once been discussed in Hali, but could not find the article anymore.
Doing fibre analysis, I found that the main weft is Viscose (Rayon), thus suggesting a date after 1889. The warp is cotton as well as the core of the metal thread. This particular object has one of the side borders in original condition, the other one is sewn to the main part, both the main part and the border having cut edges at this seam. There are more technically interesting things. If someone has such objects in their collection and would be willing to exchange analytical data, I would be very interested.

Has anybody ever seen such an object? What is it? Does someone maybe remember the article in Hali and could provide me with a copy or scan?

Thanks,

Karin.
--

16 Jahre Atelier für Textilkonservierung 10 Jahre Ideen für Museen

Prev art GmbH - Atelier für Textilkonservierung

CH - 8405 Winterthur // Oberseenerstrasse 93 // Tel. + 41 (0)52 233 12 54 // Fax + 41 (0)52 233 12 57
e-mail karin.vonlerber@xxxxxxxxxx // www.prevart.ch //
www.museumspraxis.org

JPEG image