job opening

Assistant Conservator

Museum Textile Services

Museum Textile Services, a textile conservation studio located in Andover, Massachusetts, is hiring for the position of Assistant Conservator. Duties include: conservation treatment of historic textiles such as costume, tapestries, samplers, flags, rugs, beaded objects, and archaeological pieces; participation in collections surveys and collections management projects; digital photography; and assistance with educational workshops as needed. Applicant must have excellent sewing skills, knowledge of textiles, museum sensibilities, and an interest in conservation. Prior textile conservation experience is preferred. Bachelors Degree is required plus some museum or sewing experience. This is a contract position for 20 hours a week with a flexible schedule and the possibility of additional hours. We are 30 minutes north of Boston and convenient to the commuter rail and interstates 495 & 93. Visit our web site at www.museumtextiles.com to learn more about us. To apply please email your resume and a short message to Camille Myers Breeze at museumtextiles@xxxxxxxxx. Interviews will begin in June.

--
Camille Myers Breeze
Museum Textile Services