Controlling light exposure

I am currently treating a 4' x6' painting on muslin fabric.  It was painted
by a sign painter, in the style of painted theater curtains, but it is
stretched on a stretcher. The owners (a public library) plan to have the
painting framed, with UV-filtering glazing.  It will hang in an area where it
will receive no direct light exposure, except for one part of the year, when
the sun will shine on part of the wall where the painting will hang.  Because
of the size of the painting and the configuration of the space, they are
limited as to where the painting can be hung, but they realize that they need
to do something about the light exposure.  They are willing to consider all
options, including removing the painting during the time of year when the sun
is a problem, covering the painting, or using a shutter system on the
skylights causing the problem.  I'm interested in hearing how others have
dealt with such a problem, with either high or low-tech solutions.

Nancy Pollak
Art Care Associates