Re: Unborn lamb skin

This was a relatively common (though expensive) fur in North America, I believe it is known as Astrakan?, or Swakara. I think Persian Lamb is from older animals. I don't remember which, so ask a furrier!
Very lovely close curls, beautiful sheen, supple pelt!
When I worked in the family fur cleaning business, we were often asked to press the fur on our large (dry) press to bring out the shine. This operation was done for the furrier after the plates had been joined but before the garment was finally assembled.

js