Photocopy onto fabric

Hello all on list

I had a piece delivered today which is a Xerox onto cotton, stretched over a
wooden stretcher and framed.  The work was produced in 1964, the early days
of the Xerox machine.  The fabric is discoloured where it has come into
contact with the wood, in addition it has areas of 'foxing'.   Has anyone
encounted a similar object, and are there any references I can consult.

Regards
Tracey Wedge
Textile Conservator in Private Practice
Auckland