Re: Fusible interfacing again!

I think all the suggestions for removing fusible interfacing should be of
some help, so I will throw in my words of warning- be careful with the
solvents you choose and their effects on the paint layer.  Ethanol, for
example, can be very damaging to the paint layer, and in some cases, even
solvents "commonly" used on paintings, such as acetone and isopropanol, can
damage a particular paint layer.  I recommend doing small solvent tests on
the paint layer(s), and limiting the contact between solvent and painting as
much as possible (i.e, this is probably not a candidate for immersion
treatment).  Nancy Pollak