Free Travel Crates

This was forwarded to me off a Museum Distlist.  I thought I'd pass it
on to Texcons.

Date:    Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:14:58 -0400
From:    Paul Rubenson <prubens@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: FREE: Quilt Travel Crates Offered

The Maryland Historical Society is offering up to seven high-quality
travel
crates to any interested institution which can use them.  These crates
were
made to transport rolled quilts from the US to Japan, and have been used

by
the Shelburne Museum and the MHS.  The crates are free, but the
recipient
is responsible for transportation.  Transport cost from the Shelburne to

MHS in 1999 was about $1000.  IMPORTANT:  The recipinent would have to
arrange transport by September, 2001.

travel
crates.  The exterior crates are high-impact plastic with metal corners,

latches, and aluminum edges.  The interior crates are sealed and coated
lightweight plywood.  These crates are LARGE, 3'x4' in cross section,
and
range between seven and nine feet in length.  The interiors are
currently
outfitted to accept six 4" rolling tubes each.

CONTACT:
Paul Rubenson, Assoc. Registrar
prubens@xxxxxxxx
(410) 685-3750 x314