Re: Masonite replacement

Mary- regarding the replacement for a Masonite backboard- my understanding of
perforated board is that while yes, it does allow a good deal of air
exchange, the fabric at the perforations will act as a filter for any air
contaminants, and you will see a pattern of accumulated grime with time
(depending on the environment, of course).  How about using paper board or
other hygroscopic materials to slow humidity changes?  I'm looking forward to
hearing what others have to say about this.

Nancy Pollak
Art Care Associates