Sad News

Textile Conservation Discussion participants--I just learned that AgnesTimar Balazsy died March 22. Her conservation science articles and courses became known in the West when it was still difficult to reach Budapest, and her enthusiasm and good nature made her a wonderful teacher and lecturer, especially for textile conservators. Some will remember her for her gracious chairmanship of the Textile Working Group of ICOM/CC; others for her work at ICCROM or at the Textile Conservation Centre, now at the University of Southampton. I shall always remember her wonderful warm smile, charm, and courage. Mary Ballard