From: Steele, Wendy [mailto:wendy.steele@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 11:41 AM
To: 'texcons@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: stained silk

I am not a member of your organization but hope someone has a moment to
offer some advice.  I have a light blue ribbed sweater.  Didn't realize it
is 100% silk till disaster struck.  I spilled Killian's Red beer on the
front, so had the sweater drycleaned.  It looked great till I got under a
different light from the one at home.  Then I realized there was a very
faint stain only visible in certain lights.  Had it re-cleaned to no avail.
Since I can't wear it as is, I'm want to attempt washing it myself.  Any
advice, techniques or product suggestions would be most appreciated.
Wendy
Birmingham AL