Re: Labeling

Identa Pen, made by Pigma, is listed in the current Gaylord catalogue.
It may also be available elsewhere.

To expand a bit on what Pat has reported, we were looking for more than
lightfastness:  we also tested various background paints and clear coat
varnishes.  Because of solvent similarities, many of these combinations
tend to smear.  The material combination with low toxicity, no smear, and
good lightfastness we identified by testing was Golden brand PVA based
white paint for the background (soluble in acetone), Identa Pen for
numbering, and Liquitex brand Soluvar varnish top coat, (soluble in
petroleum benzine).  But as Pat already said, this was two years ago and
you never know when proprietary materials may be changed, so re-testing
is recommended.

Kory Berrett

Joan Kiplinger asked:

The pen I have but hesitate to use if there is something better is a
Millenium
fine felt tip, pigment ink, acid-free, archival quality, lightfast,
waterproof, fade-
proof and non-bleeding. Has anyone heard of or used this brand?
Do you know which companies sell IdentaPen?
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.