From: owner-texcons@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-texcons@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Nancy Love
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2000 8:40 AM
To: List Textiles
Subject: Rolling tubes

I would like to know what supply sources people are
using for archival rolling and storage tubes?  Talas
is also offering less expensive acidic rolling tubes
that can be covered with barrier paper.  If you are
using these tubes,what kind of barrier papers are you
finding successful?

I have  4' x 8' plaited pandanus (I think a leaf
material) mats that will be rolled for storage.  They
are fairly supple, but I am worried about ending up
with rolled mats like Chinese finger traps.  The other
alternative is to store with folds which will
eventually break along the creases.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,  Nancy