RE: rug padding, and protective runners

Hey there, Ann

I've been thinking a lot about you but with everything these days I only
have time to think. How are you liking summer in Minnesota? Are you
meeting the laid-back, liberal populace that Minneapolis in known for,
or more like the Fargo type? Do you say "Yaaah" yet?

We're doing well but are buried under a mountain of professional and
house work. We have only just been camping this last weekend and we've
taken the boat out only once. Things are better than they were in June,
though, mostly because we've lowered our expectations of how fast we can
make improvements to the house. So for the mean time we make do with a
toilet that flushes only half the time and then runs half the time, a
lawn that is more flowering ground cover than grass, and lots and lots
of bad taste.

Work is coming along well. I now have work from Moraga, Linde, and
Berger too, although Burger wants me to not tell marlene, which I
understand. I get tons of referrals from AIC via the MFA and Lowell. The
one day a week at Harvard is going well. We got a $9K grant for
rehousing and deaccessioning many of the textiles and costumes and I
hired an assistant who is a URI grad. She really knows costume, which is
very helpful. I went with polypropylene storage boxes because the place
is dirty and  will be undergoing restoration soon with the collections
still on site. I got a good price from Hollinger Corp. ($18.50 each when
you order 50). I am experiencing a lot of wrist discomfort, what with
having worked so hard on the house for the two months I took off from
conservation work. I am going to see my doctor soon and buy braces
again. The newest thing I feel is a sensation that there is s string
attached to the inside of the middle of my palm and when I do certain
things with that hand the string is being pulled. My tapestry tensioner
that I built is less than ideal, too, and will have to be redesigned the
next time I need it. But all in all I can't complain at having a lot of
work. I just wish I could get rid of things like the 1999 Postprints and
the god-damned TCG.

Hope all is well.

Love, Camille