silk screen water damaged

Hi, I have recently been asked to help a person in eastern NC.  She has a
silk screen in several panels which was water damaged during our fall flood.
Her insurance person wants her to give them to them, and then go out and buy
new ones.  They were given to her by her husband (who passed away last year)
and she wants to keep these panels.  I do not have expertise in this area.
Is there someone out there to whom I might direct her?
Lynn Lancaster Gorges, Historic Textiles Studio, New Bern, NC