Re: question - synperonic N alternatives

ICI are recommending Synperonic A7 for textiles as a replacement for Synperonic N, both of which they manufacture. (I believe the 91/6 is more suitable for hard surfaces.)

The British Museum is planning to test a list of 10 detergents over this summer, including A7. Hopefully with results coming through at the end of the year.

The ban on Synperonic N is because it contains a phenol group and all cleaning substances containing these have been banned for use in the EU (European Union).

Hope this is helpful - Frances Hartog

>>> "Wild, Elizabeth" <ewild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 02/24 2:43 am >>>
I am a conservator in Australia. Synperonic N has not been banned here yet
but our lab has decided not to use it anymore. I am trying to find out what
other conservators are using and the results. Does anyone have any
information about the recommended alternatives to Synperonic N: Synperonic
A7 and Synperonic 91-6? Has anyone used and /or tested them? Where can the
alternatives be purchased?
Thanks in anticipation
Elizabeth Wild

ewild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx