[padg] Negative/Slide Scanners Recommendations?

As our library builds photography collections, the Preservation Department increasingly finds that we need to digitize strip negatives and slides. Probably like many of you, we're finding that the more modern collections we're working with can be large, often tens of thousands of images, and working on them a bit at a time isn't an option. I'm writing you all to ask for any recommendations for scanners (strip negative and/or slide) that we should consider for such collections. Right now, I'm concentrating on 35mm format.

And if you have any real life experience with productivity rates and file sizes, I'd appreciate hearing about it. I know that the impact on staffing, on other projects, and on storage will be among the first questions I'll be asked, right up there with cost, if my proposal doesn't address them.
With thanks,
Winston

Winston Atkins
Preservation Officer