From: ademarinis@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:ademarinis@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Fri 2/13/2009 5:22 PM
To: padg@xxxxxxx
Subject: [padg] deferred binding of paperbacks

Can anyone report on recent results from the practice of sending new paperbacks
directly to the stacks as-is -- wihout stiffening, kapco, or commercial
binding? Do they hold-up well? Do they create shelving problems?  I've seen
some discussion on this in the archive a few years back.

Anthony De Marinis
Preservation Librarian
Washington University Libraries
Campus Box 1061