From: <ademarinis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:22:03 -0500
To: <padg@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [padg] deferred binding of paperbacks

Can anyone report on recent results from the practice of sending new paperbacks
directly to the stacks as-is -- wihout stiffening, kapco, or commercial
binding? Do they hold-up well? Do they create shelving problems?  I've seen
some discussion on this in the archive a few years back.

Anthony De Marinis
Preservation Librarian
Washington University Libraries
Campus Box 1061