[padg] Re: book cradles for scanning

Hi Shannon,
We ran into a snag when we did a large East Asian filming project. We needed a different type of holder for these materials. Our Digitizing unit made an adjustable clamp for the spine to keep it rigid and which allowed for the turning of the pages which of course drape nicely.
Gillian

Shannon Zachary wrote:
What are the best features you have ever observed or desired from a face-up
book cradle for filming/scanning fragile books and/or books with tight
bindings?

I may have the opportunity to provide input to a designer creating a face-up
cradle. I'd be grateful for your input. You may respond offline to me and
I'll summarize for the list--or if you wish to start a discussion, please
post to the list directly.

--

Gillian Boal Hans Rausing Conservator Head of Conservation Treatment Division Preservation Department 9 Doe Library University of California Berkeley, CA 94720 510/643-7932 FAX 510/642-4664 email: gboal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx