[padg] book cradles for scanning

What are the best features you have ever observed or desired from a face-up
book cradle for filming/scanning fragile books and/or books with tight
bindings?

I may have the opportunity to provide input to a designer creating a face-up
cradle. I'd be grateful for your input. You may respond offline to me and
I'll summarize for the list--or if you wish to start a discussion, please
post to the list directly.

--
Shannon Zachary
Preservation & Conservation