[padg] Reminder to participe in an online survey on letterpress copying books

Thank you to all who have submitted surveys.  I truly appreciate your
participation.

The survey will be available through Wednesday, June 25.  The original post is
copied below.

Please follow the link below to take the survey.

http://bethantoine.copybooks.sgizmo.com

Thank you again,

Beth Antoine
Candidate, MSIS/CAS Conservation
Kilgarlin Center for the Preservation of the Cultural Record
School of Information
University of Texas at Austin
bantoine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--------
The following survey is part of a research project investigating the
preservation and conservation implications of letterpress copying books. The
data from the survey will become the basis of a summary of, not only the
current conditions and preservation needs of copying books in North American
archival collections, but also current conservation practices and storage
issues related to copying books.  Examination, testing, and treatment of a
selection of copying books will be performed, and recommendations for storage,
handling, and treatment will be made.

Letterpress copying books can be found in most archival collections in the
Western world.	  They contain an enormous amount of information relating to
the
history of our culture, and many are quickly deteriorating to the point that
information is being lost.  Copying books often contain the only extant version
of a record as the originals were routinely discarded or lost.	  Because the
materials with which they were made are unique to copying books, their
preservation needs are also unique.

I would greatly appreciate your participation in this survey.  I am a student
in the Book and Paper Conservation graduate program at the University of Texas
at Austin and am conducting this research as an independent study project.
Please follow the link below to submit your survey. The survey should require
approximately 10 - 20 minutes to complete.  Thank you for your time.