[padg] Addressing the Uncertain Future of Preserving the Past

From: Hoorens, Stijn [mailto:hoorens@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 7:08 AM
To: Hoorens, Stijn
Cc: Saylor, Lynne; Rothenberg, Jeff; Constantijn van Oranje - Outside Rand
Subject: Addressing the uncertain future of preserving the past

Dear contributor,

Today we have released the publication of our report entitled "Addressing the uncertain future of preserving the past". In this document, we have examined the key determinants of the digital preservation of scholarly publications, with specific reference to developing a robust strategy to the archiving of such records at the Koninklijke Bibliotheek in The Netherlands. We would like to thank you again for your contributions, which have been extremely valuable for this study.

As with all of RAND's publications, the report can be downloaded from our website free of charge. The report is available at:

<http://www.rand.org/pubs/technical_reports/TR510/>http:// www.rand.org/pubs/technical_reports/TR510/

and can also be accessed through our homepage:

<http://www.randeurope.org/>http://www.randeurope.org

May you have any questions about this document or about RAND's work in general, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Stijn Hoorens

Stijn Hoorens
RAND Europe
Westbrook Centre, Milton Road
Cambridge CB4 1YG
United Kingdom
tel. +44 (01223 353 329
dir. +44 (01223 227 590
mob. +44 (0)7894 593529
e-mail: <blocked::blocked::mailto:hoorens@xxxxxxxx>hoorens@xxxxxxxx
url: <blocked::blocked::http://www.rand.org/randeurope>http:// www.rand.org/randeurope

--------------------- Holly Robertson Head, Preservation Services University of Virginia Library

Alderman Library
Preservation - Rm 113
P.O. Box 400150
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4150
office: 434.924.1055
emergency cell: 571-332-8417
AIM: h011y2121 | GoogleTalk: h011yr0b3rts0n
hollyr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.lib.virginia.edu/preservation