[padg] bookplates

Greetings all,

The Preservation Department at Northwestern just assumed responsibility for "marking room" operations, including the application of call number labels, bookplates, and tattletape.

Northwestern has about 200 endowments (for the purchase of new books) that require the application of custom-printed bookplates. I would like to talk with anyone who is responsible for a similar process in order to compare how you manage the workflow (i.e., how/when is the book "bookplated" and what system do you have in place to make sure the books always get the right bookplate).

If you have time to discuss this process or can point me to someone else your institution, I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks,
Scott

Scott W. Devine
Head of Preservation