Re: [padg] bookplates

I will be away from the National Archives through October 25.  I will
not have irregular access to email during this period.

Mary Lynn Ritzenthaler will be Acting Director, Preservation Programs,
Please contact her at marylynn.ritzenthaler@xxxxxxxx
301-837-2906

If there is a records emergency, please contact NARA security at
301-837-2900.  Security will contact the Records Emergency (Beeper)
Response Team.

-
Doris A. Hamburg
Director, Preservation Programs
National Archives and Records Administration
8601 Adelphi Road
College Park, Maryland 20740
telephone 301-837-1785
cell 240-338-9121
fax 301-837-3701

>>> padg 10/25/07 10:49 >>>

Greetings all,

The Preservation Department at Northwestern just assumed
responsibility for "marking room" operations, including the
application of call number labels, bookplates, and tattletape.

Northwestern has about 200 endowments (for the purchase of new books)
that require the application of custom-printed bookplates.  I would
like to talk with anyone who is responsible for a similar process in
order to compare how you manage the workflow (i.e., how/when is the
book "bookplated" and what system do you have in place to make sure
the books always get the right bookplate).

If you have time to discuss this process or can point me to someone
else your institution, I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks,
Scott

Scott W. Devine
Head of Preservation