From: Ann Marie Willer [mailto:amwillerala@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 2:17 PM
To: padg@xxxxxxx
Subject: [PADG:1279] Surface printing on CDs and DVDs

Hi all,
Thanks to Tyra for the handy links below.  Can anyone suggest resources about the long-term effects of surface printing on CDs and DVDs or perhaps relay your own experience?  One of our librarians is wondering if surface printing is a way to safely label discs that are dub masters.

Thanks,
Ann Marie

"Grant, Tyra" <tgrant@xxxxxx> wrote:
I'll try again to send these links (which somehow didn't make it to the list)...all of these are worth knowing about.  Tyra Grant
Three recent works on CDs/DVDs; I suspect you have these but not sure others have seen all three.
http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0014/001477/147782E.pdf
http://www.itl.nist.gov/div895/gipwog/Public%20SP%20500-263%20November%202005.pdf#search=%22NIST%20and%20disk%20longevity%22
http://www.uni-muenster.de/Forum-Bestandserhaltung/downloads/iraci.pdf

Ann Marie Willer
Preservation Services Librarian
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave.
Building 14-0513
Cambridge, MA 02139
617-253-5692 phone

Send ALA business to: AMWillerALA@xxxxxxxxx

Sponsored Link

Get an Online or Campus degree - Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's - in less than one year.