[PADG:1282] RE: Surface printing on CDs and DVDs

I am away from the office.  I will be returning Monday, November 13.

Ann Seibert, Asst. Director, Preservation Programs, will be Acting
Director, Preservation Programs.  Please contact her at 301-837-1567 or
ann.seibert@xxxxxxxx

If there is a records emergency, please contact NARA security at
301-837-2900.  Security will contact the Records Emergency (Beeper)
Response Team.

-
Doris A. Hamburg
Director, Preservation Programs
National Archives and Records Administration

>>> padg 11/07/06 10:37 >>>

Ann Marie:

Related to topic - though perhaps not answering your specific question -
CCI has published Joe Iraci's "Remedies for Deteriorated or Damaged
Modern Information Carriers" (Ottawa, Ontario: Canadian Conservation
Institute, 2005) (Technical Bulletin No. 27).

Ordering information:
https://www.cci-icc.gc.ca/bookstore/viewCategory-e.cfm?id=18&thispubid=5
11

Moulded pits in read-only discs:"can become damaged from a sharp object
(e.g. writing on the disc with a pencil or ball point pen") - p. 6.

- Walter Cybulski
NLM