[PADG:1184] Interlibrary Loan and Repair

Dear Colleagues:

This week in my Management of Preservation Programs class we looked at trends in ARL Libraries (staffing, ILL, acquisitions costs, circulation, etc.) and trends in ARL Preservation operations. With interlibrary borrowing and lending increasing so dramatically over the past 15 years, have major lenders seen a statistically significant increase in their treatment activity? ARL Preservation Statistics don't change significantly with regard to treatment numbers, and it's difficult to tell if there's any correlation between lending and treatment (much less between other possibly correlating library service, acquisition and preservation factors).

I have lots of other questions for you, but I'll trickle them out slowly! Thanks in advance for your insights.

Best wishes,

Ellen
--
Ellen Cunningham-Kruppa