From: owner-padg@xxxxxxx [mailto:owner-padg@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
joangate@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:48 AM
To: PADG@xxxxxxx
Subject: [PADG:1032] Microfilm security

I have received the following request for information on securing our
microfilm service copies.  Has anyone found a solution?  In my search I
found a tattle tape in the form of a "fake barcode".  Could this be
attached
to the leader without harm to the film?

"Apparently some of our microfilm reels have gone missing over time and
it's
been expensive to replace them. Has there been any discussion at any
point
about somehow marking or tattle taping or using some other method to
secure
the actual reels of microfilm rather than the box that the microfilm
comes
in?"

Joan

Joan Gatewood