[PADG:923] stamp pad marking inks

Yet again I am searching for a stamp pad ink that is suitable for marking special collections materials. I've never had much luck using the actinic (balsa wood stamp pad) inks.

A Google search brought up numerous scrapbooking and stamp-art retailers selling inks that are described as "archival-quality, pigment ink that is acid-free and fade resistant."

Has anyone tested or have any experience with such inks? Other suggestions?

Shannon Zachary, Head, Preservation and Conservation
University Library
The University of Michigan
837 Greene St. / 3202 Buhr Bldg.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-1048