[PADG:653] freezer-dryer &c.

Title: freezer-dryer &c.

I have the opportunity to put together a budget proposal to establish a "dirty room" (at a remote location -- not in the Archives) for treating mold-damaged items and small quantities of water-damaged items from local government or the Archives.  I'm hoping some of you may have experience or leads that might help me.

I have heard much about the Wei T'o freezer-dryer/exterminator, and am soliciting your opinions/experiences with it.  I would like to hear from folks who have used it regarding your satisfaction with its performance.  I've been especially skeptical about its utility for killing insect pests.

Also, are there other manufacturers of similar equipment? And, if so, could you send me their Web addresses and/or other contact info?

So far, this is the list of equipment I have on my "wish list."
        - freezer-dryer unit
        - large walk-in freezer
        - fume hood, non-vented
        - Nilfisk vacuum (HEPA)
        - air-conditioning unit
        - free-standing air purifier (HEPA)
        - dehumidifier
        - sink, commercial or industrial grade
        - supply storage cabinets
        - work tables
        - task chairs
        - shelving
        - records transportation carts
        - low-end photocopier
Are there major purchases I am overlooking? (Supplies will be purchased out of regular appropriations, so they don't need to be included here. Nor do the construction/installation costs need to be included in my proposal.)

Lisa

Lisa L. Fox, Senior Conservator
Missouri State Archives
P. O. Box 1747