[PADG:576] Looking for info on RF tags in Special Collections

Our manuscript materials in Special Collections are not barcoded, and I am contemplating using an RF system.

The goal is to manage the warehousing of the boxes. We are particularly interested in the ability to shelf-read using sensors instead of manually. We do not currently use our OPAC to charge Special Collections materials out to users so privacy is not an issue. We may use a standalone database to manage the inventory, or our Innovative system.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has implemented an RF system and can advise me on how well the inventory control really works.

Thanks

--
Normandy S. Helmer
Access & Preservation Officer