[PADG:491] PQTDG - ALA Annual

Physical Quality and Treatment Discussion Group
Saturday, June 25, 2005
9:30-11:00
Palmer House Hilton Hotel, Salon III

We are pleased to announce that Meg Meiman, Reference and Instruction Librarian at American University, will present Discarding the Past: A History of Book Jackets in Academic Libraries.

In addition, as time permits, we would like to begin a general discussion of preservation review selection criteria.  That is, how do we select materials for conservation treatment and what do we actually repair?  What are best uses of time and staff? How do we track materials for reader accessibility?
If this topic generates enough interest, we would like this to make this a focus for a future meeting.

We hope that you will join us for this exciting presentation and lively discussion.

Please feel free to contact PQTDG Co-Chairs Oliver Cutshaw (cutshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) or Jay Hurd (jhurd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) if you would like to add an agenda item to this meeting.

Jay Hurd <jhurd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

05/27/2005 04:22 PM

Please respond to