From: Baker, Whitney S [mailto:wbaker@xxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 4:48 PM
To: padg@xxxxxxx
Subject: [PADG:116] storage facility environmental conditions

I have been asked to gather input from other research libraries that have off-site storage facilities for library materials.  What are the environmental guidelines currently in place in your facilities (where no humans normally work)?  The recommendations our facilities librarian has received from a colleague are to maintain the temperature at a constant 50 degrees and the RH at 30%.  He wonders if these are standard figures.

Thanks for your response,

Whitney Baker
Conservator, University of Kansas Libraries
1425 Jayhawk Blvd., Room 135
Lawrence, KS  66045-7544
(785) 864-3429; (785) 864-5311 (fax)
wbaker@xxxxxx <mailto:wbaker@xxxxxx> www2.lib.ku.edu/preservation