[PADG:99] ALCTS Membership dues

At the ALCTS Board meeting in Orlando, I voted in favor of raising ALCTS dues by $10. The motion passed. Raising dues does not require a membership vote. When you get your membership renewal, the ALCTS fee will be $55 for personal membership, $65 for an institution.

I took a straw poll from PARS members at the All-Committees meeting Monday morning (6/28/04) prior to the Board meeting. Most indicated they were agreeable to a $10 increase.

Dues have not increased in ten years. This is the third year ALCTS has been running in a deficit. It did not appear that there was any way to make up the deficit without losing staff or drastic cuts. All ALA Divisions are raising dues. This increase will put ALCTS on more solid ground financially, especially as we prepare for the next fiscal year.

Patricia Selinger
now Past-Chair, PARS

--

Patricia Selinger
Head, Preservation Department

Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries
Box 842033
901 Park Avenue
Richmond, VA  23284-2033
patricia.selinger@xxxxxxx