[PADG:2327] RE: Map Carts

A few weeks ago I posted a query looking for a cart to transport maps and other oversize materials.  Many of you responded with info about the NARA designed cart made by Russ Bassett.  I spoke to several folks at NARA.  Their carts are several years old, but they are very satisfied with the design and feel that the carts suit their needs well.  This cart is still available for purchase from Russ Bassett.  The carts are constructed of powder coated steel, with 8" full swivel casters.  They are rectangular in shape and have a curved top to accommodate both rolled and flat items, and a flat shelf below.  The dimensions are:  43 3/8" height, 32" width; 64" height.

The cost is $1550 each, but they need a minimum order of 10 carts.  The orders can come from different institutions.  The Georgia Archives would like to order two; if anyone else is interested please contact Nathan Drake at Russ Bassett, 800-350-2445, ext. 3091.

Christine Wiseman
Preservation Services Manager
Georgia Archives
5800 Jonesboro Road