Preservation & Collection Mgmt. Unit
National Library of Medicine
301-496-2690

>>> lenocker@xxxxxxxxxxx 11/05/03 12:08PM >>>
I am sending along a statement from one of my technicians who has to deal
with microfilm reel wraps.  Here is a bit more background on this.  Our
regular supplier had been GAYLORD BROTHERS and they no longer carry the
button & string reel wraps and are substituting the Velcro closures instead.

I placed an order with UNIVERSITY PRODUCTS for the button and sting type
and they are on back order.  My fear is that maybe they are no longer being
made.  So any help I could get on where to find the button and string type
of reel wraps would be greatly appreciated.

Carol Lenocker
Materials Processing &
Conservation Supervisor
UO Knight Library