[PADG:1992] Film duplicating services or facilities

We have a collection of motion picture film of varying sizes.  Can anyone recommend film duplicating and dubbing service that can handle a collection that has permanent value?  Our IT Services can dub 16 mm films, but they are not trained or equipped to handle a collection like this.

We are considering duplicating the films to DVD’s, but I have been advised by one film archivist that the film base is still the most durable media.  Comments are welcomed on this point.

Patricia Morris

Faculty Director, Preservation Department

University Libraries

University of Colorado at Boulder

184 UCB

Boulder, CO 80309-0184