[PADG:1934] RE: condition surveys

Thanks.

Ed

At 03:43 PM 02/18/2003 -0500, you wrote:

Ed,
        At MSU we use PDAs for survey work and download the information
to an Access database for manipulation.  We create random sampling lists
from our on line catalog, III and use them both on paper and
electronically for a variety of purposes including to determine insurance
numbers.  Andrew Robb and I presented a paper at AIC on the topic and you
can see the abstract and survey instructions at
http://www.lib.msu.edu/drewes/.  I should warn you that it is a little
out of date in terms of the current software available.

Jeanne Drewes
Assistant Director for Access & Preservation
Michigan State University LIbraries
100 Libraries   West 108
East Lansing, MI  48824

517 432 7486
517 432 1010 fax

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Ed Rosenfeld [mailto:ed.rosenfeld@xxxxxxx]
Sent:   Friday, February 14, 2003 9:37 AM
To:     padg@xxxxxxx
Subject:        [PADG:1928] condition surveys

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone (but especially someone whose
library uses the Horizon library management system) who has done a
condition survey using a portable barcode reader, a laptop, and SAS or SPSS
or some other database management or statistical software to make the data
collection and analysis as efficient as possible.

Thanks.

Ed

Ed Rosenfeld
Head of Support Services and